Chipotles, often a key ingredient in many dishes in Mexican cuisine. This Mexican chili pepper is used to make various salsas. Chipotle peppers have a mild but earthy spiciness and can be ground and combined with other spices to make a meat or seafood marinade. They can be very spicy, but add enhanced flavor to this great summer salad.
*1 pound frozen raw shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
*1 can Chipotle peppers, in their adobo sauce
* 1/2 cup brown jasmine rice
* 1/2 cup freshly cilantro, chopped
* 1 lime
* 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/2 (14.5 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
* 1/2 cup frozen corn
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 1 tsp chili powder
* 1 Head Butter Lettuce
* 1/2 cup cherry yellow tomatoes, halved
* 1 avocado, diced
* coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Puree the Chipotle peppers and their sauce, some cilantro, olive oil, and 1/2 lime juice in a small food processor until smooth. Pour into a small baggy. Dump the shrimp into the baggy and squish the sauce all around them, getting everything all coated. Stick in the fridge and marinate at least 1/2 hour.
2. In the meantime, cook the rice in a rice with the cilantro and the juice from 1/2 the lime.
3. In a small saucepan add and heat the corn and beans. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, along with the cumin and chili powder. Keep heated on low until you’re ready to assemble.
4. Grill the shrimp, searing the shrimp one on side for 2 minutes. Flip and sear another minute.
5. Wash and arrange butter lettuce in large salad bowl. Top with rice, corn and beans, shrimp, avocado and tomatoes.
6. Add Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette Dressing. Squirt and Garnish with lime!