Big football game today, perfect day for some sweet, sour and spicy chicken wings!
- 2 pounds chicken wingettes (about 15)
- 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup Mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp pepper flakes
- Flour for coating wings
- 1 tsp cornstarch (mix with a little luke warm water)
- Canola oil for frying
- Do not season wings. Dredge wings in flour and fry until golden brown.
- Combine the ketchup, honey, vinegar, mustard, and pepper flakes and cook in sauce pan for 15 minutes. As it thickens add cornstarch. Cook until thick and bubbly. Add wings to sauce. Toss to coat quickly. Wings should still be crispy.
- Serve wings on top of a soft piece of white bread. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.