- 3 pounds strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and sliced
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Combine the strawberries, the remaining 2 cups sugar, Grand Marnier, and orange zest in a large bowl and toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to assemble the dessert.
- Combine the heavy cream with the confectioners’ sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer or whisk until slightly thickened. Add the vanilla and continue to beat until the mixture nearly forms stiff peaks.
Add to a slice of Sour Cream Pound Cake