A healthy easy recipe made with fresh blueberries.
Original recipe makes 1 pie
3/4 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
4 cups fresh blueberries
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon, into blueberries.
3. Line pie dish with one pie crust. Pour berry mixture into the crust, and dot with butter. Cut remaining pastry into 1/2 – 3/4 inch wide strips, and make lattice top. Crimp edges.
4. Bake pie on lower shelf of oven for about 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
5. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.