There a few key things every daughter should know before she departs your home. Here are a few breadcrumbs that I leave for my daughter.
1. Do not begin creating another life before you have a LIFE of your own.
2. Never marry a man who won’t or can’t pray with you.
3. Learn to use a fire extinguisher.
4. Nothing good happens after midnight.
5. Good friends are the ones who tell you that your ass looks big in those jeans and that Suzy is sleeping with your boyfriend. Keep them forever.
6. Remember, you are a child of God.
7. Don’t get into the car with someone drunk, call me at any hour no matter what.
8. Don’t compare your life to others, you have no idea what their journey has been.
9. Guard your heart.
10. If they can’t come to the door to pick you up……Don’t go.
11. Men don’t make you who you are.
12. If you don’t know what’s in it, don’t drink it.
13. If someone is talking to you about other people, then they are talking about you to other people.
14. If you don’t like him/his habits when you’re dating, you’ll hate ’em when your married.
15. Look at how a boy treats his mother, because someday, that is how he’ll treat you.
16. The only person you can change is YOU and only Jesus can save him!
17. Time heals almost everything….Give Time some time.
18. Make peace with your past so it doesn’t spoil your present.